Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's called Affogato Darling








I'm getting better at cooking more things out of my daily routine. I'm making it a point to try recipes I've collected in my recipe binders instead of just storing them. The rewards include more fresh foods, happy faces at the dinner table and watching your hubby and kids take second helpings. Not to mention increased confidence in the kitchen. It's such a great feeling! So this one is a real easy treat but feels like you're eating something out of a ritzy Italian cafe.
It's called Affogato and all you do is make your favorite hot coffee - I like mine instant (it's called Bru from the Indian store). Then find a beautiful bowl. It's important that what you eat out of is attractive and beautiful - it makes eating more pleasurable. Scoop some vanilla ice cream into the bowl and then pour the hot coffee (half and half optional) over the ice cream. Sit back. Find a window view and enjoy. Mmmm. Instant joy. Nigella style.

No comments: