Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Is it Saturday Yet?

The weekend before it was time to wear green on the 17th, we had one of those Saturdays where you turn around and think, is it Saturday or are we already getting ready for Monday? The weather was picture perfect with the wind at our back and the sun shining. I just can't compare anything better than to wake up to open windows and birds chirping outside while you can watch trees dance in the wind.

I thought, "Okay, today's the day, I'm finally going to use my automated cookie press." I bought this gizmo eight months ago, yeah, embarrassing, right? But once it was in my hand, I felt like a gourmet confectionist (is that a word?) churning out pretty shaped cookies while Saloni and Sohan kept me company. After a few batches, her attention turned to Sunil, who was happily fertilizing our backyard. There's something about men and yards, they just go together well, like women and kitchens - no generalizations intended, but you know what I mean.

In the evening, I took the kiddies to my best friend Staci's house, where they played and we caught up. I love that she has the same philosophy as me in that the outdoors, dirt and kids go together. I mean remember mud pie days? Now every body's breaking out the anti-bacterial spray if kids just touch a shopping cart. I'm all for clean, but not at the expense of a child's imagination and freedom, just look at the fun they're having. And oh, isn't that the most adorable Barbie jeep?









No comments: