Friday, June 12, 2015

The Week in Review

I could very well focus once again on my lovely broken boned left foot, because today marks five weeks since I fell off my bike. But I'm not.

I want to write about this whole week, the first week of Saloni and Sohan's summer vacation and the first real week of me taking baby steps to walk. It was such a full yet relaxing week - sounds weird right? But I guess I mean full with activity and great naps. Joy and laughter and sleep-filled nights. And even stopping to try a pickle (the kids are out to reform me in the pickle eating department). 

Saloni started her 1/2 day theater camp at Players by the Sea and while she may be the youngest there, she's up for trying anything and I love that. She honestly makes me want to get on stage, but I fear about a third of Jacksonville would leave the city if that happened. Sunil and I had a lovely dinner date Wednesday after a really long time - dessert and everything - I was in heaven. Sometimes you just need that uninterrupted time with the one you love so you can remember the color of their eyes and how intelligent they are. Sohan and our neighbor, Parker, enjoyed a drop in day of gymnastics and loved it - honestly, where were these camps when we were kids? Oh wait, my parents never allowed us to go to camps, never mind. 




Blue sky summer...except for the second paragraph below

Then there were all the little in-between things...Sohan always holding the door open for me wherever we went and making sure my crutches fit. Saloni asking if I was okay if about 10 minutes of silence went by (does that mean I normally cause a ruckus?). Sunil talking about all the new developments happening in the city - how he keeps up with everything that goes on in the world is completely beyond me. Catching up with friends over the phone or texts - always feels good. Running into all my favorites in the neighborhood - our builder, Dan, our neighbor, Jim and our inspector, Inspector Gadget - that's what the kids call him - who by the way, out of pure kindness, dropped a pizza by just because. Made my week...

And pardon me as I wish you could see my expression as I write this next line - IT RAINED this week! Yes, no pitter patter, I mean splitter splatter - beautiful gushing down droplets of pure awesomeness. I even left the front door open to  feel it's intensity. Okay, so now you know I love rain and have been waiting weeks for it. Thank you weather Gods, it's always nice to know you hear my prayers every now and then.

I did begin this week by finally walking (yes baby steps) into my studio - hadn't gone in since my fall...just seeing all of my Sunisha Designs "stuff" made me really hungry to work again. So I started cleaning and organizing and ooohhh, it felt so good. Ideas in my head were flowing, the kids started crafting and when Sunil popped his head in after work...well, it was a Kodak moment...

I know not every week can be this fulfilling so I just want to put my feet up and reflect. I want to be thankful for all the builders and construction workers and teachers and friends and family and well just about everyone I guess. Collectively they make the world come together in a most extraordinary way. Don't you think? 

No comments: