Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Open Road

Yeah the open road it calls to me
not sure what I'll see,
Don't care for any kind of store
warehouse discounts I deplore,
Show me where the skies are free
just miles of breathless infinity,
Show me how the pipes are laid
the effort it takes to get these roads made,
Let me glance to the left
where endless grasses by winds are swept,
I move my eyes to the right
and see how the sunlight shifts to night,
This is where I am happiest
I have nothing to fear or conquest,
I let go of my watch and maps
and all the daily human traps,
My senses are heightened and I'm enamored
sure my lips are red, I still love glamour,
But I'm an open road girl yesiree
won't you come and ride with me?
A tank of gas and my favorite songs
this is God's gift, it's where I belong...














No comments: