Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Yesterday's Token

So here's to all the cold hearted
I'm trying hard to become departed,
I'm such a slave to yesterday
And tomorrow is too damn faraway,
How is it that you easily can let go
No kind of attachment do you ever show,
Is it magic or are you just perfect?
You can walk away and leave nothing to disect,
We're all taught to reason with and acquire
To live with wants and needs and desires,
Life doesn't raise us to be contemplative
It's go, get, go until we need to be resuscitated,
So tell me is it from being broken?
Was something stolen like an old love's token?
The days get heavy and the nights are too quiet
The moon's glow delivers an uneasy riot,
So here's to all the cold hearted
You never shirk from what you started
Cause now I know you don't get over it
When things are rough, you walk through it...


No comments: