You know that feeling when you finally come across something that makes you grin ear to ear. Something so good that you don't want anyone to know about it for fear, they'll say something like, "Yeah, I've seen that show" (and the tone is blah) or "You liked it?" (as in what are you thinking in that mind of yours?")
So I'm not sharing this BIG news with anyone and lucky for me, who really reads my blog?
But oh am I happy. Very very happy. Simply overjoyed. You see, I first had love at first sight when I discovered the British show, Top Gear. Add a veggie burger and a sangria and winning the lottery doesn't compare to what happiness that simple combination brings.
But then yesterday after a long day at Baby Gap, I settled myself onto the sofa with a big blanket, popcorn and vitamin water. The kids were happily playing at the park with Sunil.
Flipping channels, I couldn't find anything...until I saw a vintage car speed past the screen. Um, wait what was that?!
It's called, Counting Cars, my new love on the History Channel. Oh. My. Gosh. I watched three straight episodes without moving. Got up. Hugged children. Made dinner. Continued the show. Correction, MY SHOW. I tend to be a bit possessive about things I truly like. My mom very wisely taught me that if you don't want to hear someone's comments on something, don't advertise it. Smart woman.
This show blends a love for all things cars, especially the offbeat, the vintage, the muscle cars, the never made again ones...and the host of the show pulls over to check them out the same way I brave car accidents just to take a photograph of one. We must have known each other in our past lives.
Here are some images, you'll just have to see if for yourself...



No comments:
Post a Comment