Sunday, April 27, 2008

Days of Spring

Hello friends and family! I know I haven't written in days. I get the right thoughts in my head when I'm not near a computer and it's often 2:00am. The last couple of weeks have been interesting, enjoyable but full of regular to-do's and "why does this take so long" type projects. We're trying to get all those little things done before our baby's due date of May 19th. Oil change for my car. Getting his crib and room ready. Filing bills (oh and paying them too). Finishing taxes - yeah, that's over! And stopping to enjoy the days with each other.



I enjoyed a second baby shower hosted by friends in honor of Sujata and I where we devoured much-craved Thai food at a favorite eatery, Lemongrass. I even splurged my appetite on Sweet Cream Thai Tea and their famed dessert, Fried Banana Spring Rolls - yummy!




The weather here has been picture perfect. I just love open-window days. And we took advantage of that by going to our first baseball game this season. Saloni did great and I got to munch through the game on an old-time snack...Cracker Jack. I haven't had that in years! It was a lot of fun.

It was too hard to part with any of Saloni's old clothes as I raked through her closet for potential gender-friendly clothes that her brother can soon wear. I luckily found lots. But in that mix, even though one day I have to donate them, there were too many memories attached to each onesie and top and food-stained outfit that I packed them back in her closet. She even wanted to wear some of the clothes and we both had a good laugh about that!



Recently, I took Saloni to the butterfly festival at Tree Hill Nature Center. It was hot and crowded and we both got sick from the heat and walking around. She did have fun holding the butterflies but after eating real junk food (lemonade, french fries and a funnel cake) we wallowed back to the car and were both feeling yucky. And as you can see from my pregnant girth, need I add more calories?
**
It was nice to just rest today and the three of us enjoyed breakfast and dinner on the patio with the cool wind blowing past us. It's feasts like this that no five-star restaurant could ever provide. I hope to better about writing more often, but this is the gist of the past couple of weeks. The fact is...there's always something to get fixed. Something to get done. And something to enjoy. How it all gets mixed in a week is always a surprise. But when you sit back on your sofa reflecting on the things with your family, well, you know it makes those "somethings" a little bit easier.

No comments: