Monday, May 26, 2008

I Love Being a Loser

I really wouldn't want to add a photo to today's subject - weight loss. Honestly, there's an area of the mirror I just don't enjoy the reflection of but have to face. Ten days into the second chapter of motherhood and I lost 15 pounds. Yeah! I can only half celebrate though because I have 15 more pounds to lose. I gained 30 wholesome pounds during this pregnancy and I intend to lose it all. I have to. I've been waiting oh so patiently to get back into my beloved chinos and summer skirts. Not to mention everyone around me (suddenly everyone seems magically skinny) is wearing the cutest bermuda shorts and breezy tops.

Those of you who know me well know that I love fashion and live for dressing well. My current subjection to Sunil's t-shirts and old elastic-waist shorts only seems to prolong the feeling of being pregnant. I have focused on the health of the baby and my family to now wake up and focus on my health and the weighty feeling of this baggage I'm carrying.

Our evening walks have been wonderful and have jump started my need to exercise. And please don't laugh at this...but I used to work out to Denise Austin in Rochester and can't wait to drag that video back out! I'm up for anything, so send me any suggestions you have. For now, there's a diaper to be changed and a pint-sized angel to be put to bed. And oh, my darling hubby to be kissed. Tooda loo!

No comments: