Remember the song, "If Ya Think I'm Sexy" by Rod Stewart? Well, don't laugh but that's been ringing in my head. Want to know why? I FIT INTO MY OLD CLOTHES! Yahoo! Woohoo!
If you have felt any earthquakes around you it's probably me dancing to my own tune and feeling like me again. Three long months after delivering Sohan and the time has finally come that I can actually take a pair of pants off the rack in my closet and put them on vs. staring at them as if they were an old dinosaur.
Every time I wear something Saloni tells me that I'm not fat anymore and that my "buttocks are small"! Gotta love the honesty of children. But more than anything a huge piece of my self esteem is back and I walk straighter and feel happier. A girlfriend of mine asked me over lunch what is it that I want to feel and I told her that with everything keeping me so busy, I want to be organized. And she said "Nope, that's not a feeling. Try again." Well, the first word to pop out was "sexy". Yes, I want to feel sexy and attractive. There I said it.
So, on goes the deep red lipstick and my favorite chinos and my polo shirt and on goes a good dose of confidence. Confidence that I haven't had in a while, but you know what? It was always there, it was just hiding under that excess weight...
1 comment:
hi :) excellent poem by the way- I’ve missed your words.
Jen
Post a Comment