Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Sweet to be Seventeen
















A Jag fan for just one night!

This summer we've felt our youngest. With our 18-year old cousin Anooj visiting us from Scottsdale, AZ in June and more recently, our 17-year old cousin, Khushbu from Plano, TX, having them share their last days before heading to college were some of the best days we've had. Admitting that Sunil and I are pretty much twice their age revealed itself in how easily they could stay up late and how hard it was for us to do the same each night! But we loved the humor, the stories, the help and the overall attitude they have at this point in their life.



















Swinging with Saloni



Khushbu came last year for about a week, but this time her 13-day stay was full of fun. I can't even begin to tell you how lucky I felt that her parents let us have her for that long. Honestly, she spoiled us with her adorable personality and ever-smiling help with the kids. There were countless times when she had to jump in the backseat while I'm flying down the road to feed Sohan or run upstairs to get one of the 100 things Moms must remember to bring when taking the kids out. We did a million projects around the house while eating, laughing, telling embarrassing stories and even stopping to take naps. And oh, did I mention how many lovely errands she joined me on? I got so used to her company that the day after she left, I spent the morning at a girlfriends house because I didn't want to feel the empty sound of our home without her. Sniff sniff.


I'm so excited for her and her future and am so happy that she sprinkled so much happiness into our hot summer days. I miss you Khushee - no one but us knows what the wonderful meaning of being pinkie friends is. I love ya girl!

No comments: