Saturday, May 16, 2009

Father's Day everyday...

I'm not sure if it was really Hallmark or someone eccentric that came up with these Mother's Day and Father's Day type of days. It's really so commercialized and stressful if you ask me. I mean for us daughters or sons, we have to be sure to get the right card with the right sentiments and mail it on time if our parents are out of town. And of course we have to remember brothers and sisters - related by blood and marriage.
And then comes the gift-giving. Both of our parents are hard to give gifts to because they honestly have everything they need and want. So Sunil and I usually settle for a nice meal out, which because of the kids, we love to go to Sweet Tomatoes. Best place for families and friends I think.
And shouldn't everyday be celebrated just for being ourselves, be it a parent, child or grandparent or single person? I don't think you need a date on a calendar to celebrate just being...

No comments: