Monday, August 3, 2009

People Are People in Nashua, NH You See...
















Depeche Mode in concert? In the U.S.? In your town? I'm so there! When Sunil's cousin Sheelu first emailed me months ago that Depeche Mode was going on a world tour, I was floored. But nothing compared to the feeling when I asked Sunil if I could go see them in her hometown and he said, "Sure, as long as I don't have to go!"

I was giddy getting on the plane with no kids and only D'Mode songs in my head. Of course, I called them every chance I could get. But it was so nice to be far from home yet "at home" at Sheelu's. It's the kind of Northeastern home in a beautiful tree-lined street with cool breezes and all the windows open. I love houses where you can kick up your feet and just chill. Her daughter, Mia, is just a year younger than Saloni and is a living doll. You just want to squeeze her every chance you get!

I got their Friday morning and had left by Sunday morning. And while I was supposed to be back in Jacksonville by 2:30pm, two major flight delays got me back after 11:30pm! It was miserable. But hey who's complaining when I just had an awesome weekend jamming to my all-time favorite band, hanging out with Sheelu and her family, visiting their beautiful local temple and seeing Sunil's other cousins as well. And oh, to top it off, I had the best Caramel Apple Martini ever!
I'm gonna be coming back to Nashua...real soon!

No comments: