Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm a Bridesmaid!




I'll never forget when my longtime friend April called me from Rochester to ask me to be her bridesmaid. I thought I was in a movie. First of all, I haven't been to an American wedding in a long time and I had never been "in" a wedding ever. So of course I was totally flattered and floored at the same time. She's my bud and I was so happy to be there for her.
Now you are probably thinking...wasn't she in Nashua, NH and then Irvine, CA and then Scottsdale, AZ? Yeah, this trip was the last of my whirlwind travel. I never been on a plane so many times in a row. But hey, do what you can while you can do it. I've learned that from seeing what happened to my parents.

So back to April and oh, the handsome and sweet groom Walter. A match made in Rochester heaven. He's charismatic, caring, fatherly and laid-back and she's beautiful, detail-oriented, kind, generous and ever the planner. They definitely balance each other out and the wedding with its rain pop-ups and time delays and whatever might have tripped things a bit went all but smoothly.
Thanks for asking me to your bridesmaid April...I was honored to be part of your family on this special day and always!

No comments: