The saddest of songs, the gloomiest of days...nothing can sompare to what I felt today. In 24 hours, my life changed completely. Last night, I was on a high from a successful fashion show. Marcia and I sold handbags, made contacts, made it on stage and even met the press. I was so happy and elated. All I could think of was how proud my parents and Sunil would be.
Come the morning and I was decorating and cleaning the house for a DCMSA brunch. That's when the call came from my sister. My dad died. He passed away in his sleep. Peacefully. No falls or pain or anything. It was God's will. And as the broom fell from my hand, I was overcome with tears and emptiness.
I called Sunil's parents right away. I had just told his Mom an hour prior how great the show was and how I was looking forward to them coming tonight for a Diwali pooja (prayer) and dinner. It was not to be. The next 24 hours felt like 48 hours. Perhaps it hit me more when I had to explain to Saloni what it meant when someone dies. It's like your best friend being in an accident and you never get to be with them again.
I'm enroute to CA tomorrow and I am scared, empty, sad and hungry all at once. Just a month ago, we were laughing together. Time may heal all wounds. But the time now just hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment