Saturday, January 29, 2011

January, a quick cool breeze













Perhaps it's because we have kids. Perhaps it's because this is one of those years there's already so much going on. Whatever it is, January flew by ever so quickly. But I have to say, this is the most organized start to a new year I've had ever. I love it!

We started out by gathering all of the fresh oranges from our tree in the backyard and making the sweetest orange juice. And when you can start the year healthy, you just feel good, you know? After all this has been one long cold Florida winter. Believe me though, I'm not complaining at all. I've in all kinds of weather and all kinds of cities, so this suits me just fine. Besides, I'm finally getting some fabulous wear out of my boots and jackets.

Midway through the month, we awoke to icicles on our trees plants and grass. It was like a flashback to our Rochester days. The kids couldn't believe it and I couldn't stop taking photos from the front of the house to the back. When the sun came out, you could see the most beautiful colors in every icicle. I could have spent all morning outside.

The kids have enjoyed this month despite the cold. Heading out to play football in the evenings or just for Saloni to run around is always fun. She definitely has the most energy out of the four of us.

So one Saturday, Sunil was inspired to try a walk on the beach. We must have piled on several layers of clothes because it felt like it was hard to walk! What an awesome morning it turned out to be. Saloni picked up so many cool shells and feathers, she said "this is best discovery trip ever!" And Sohan stayed tucked in the stroller trying to stay warm. It was freezing but invigorating at the same time. Love love love being so close to the beach.

I am hoping that the way the year has started will be how the year will unfold. Like a fresh glass of orange juice, like a colorful icicle and like a family morning at the beach. Here's to 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've been behind on my 'read mash's blog' duties, but wanted to comment + say i loved this entry. we have a tangerine tree, so have been enjoying fresh squeezed juice also- nothing like it :)

I hope you're doing well- called/wrote you for your bday, but didn't hear back + so far, the year's zoomed by for me, so haven't had time to read this until now. If you're coming to CA anytime soon, let me know- I need some mash time as it's been far too long :)