It's not easy knowing that while December is my favorite month with it being my birthday and Christmas, this year, it's a birthday without my Dad. You see, we were born on the same day and so, it's a bittersweet day for me, but I'm thankful for every year that I have my health, family and friends.
This year, I felt like I had a birthday week with each of my best friend's taking me out to lunch or breakfast. Talk about feeling loved! It's a real blessing to have a few true friends vs. 100 fake ones. I've always believed in quality over quantity, I mean with time being as limited as it is, who would want to waste time with someone who doesn't make you feel good? And at 39, I'm loving the people I choose to hang out with, you know who you are!
And speaking of feeling good, my hubby and kids made me the cutest cards. With Christmas around the corner, getting the decorations up and seeing the twinkle in everyone's eyes made me smile. After all, I may be feeling a little low without my Dad, but that would be no reason to deprive us holiday lovers the spirit of the holidays, gifts and all. And how lucky we got with having two Christmas weekends. One weekend with Sunil's brother and his family from Sarasota and one weekend with just us. Oh yeah, now the kids think we'll be doing this every year!
Well, it was a long year but like I said, when you have your health, family and friends, you can safely say, you have it all. God bless everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment