Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Writing...aaahhhh


There are so many different reasons for blogging. For me, I loved the visual nature of it. Being able to post both printed thoughts along with images captured that day or week or month...

I stopped writing to catch up with life I suppose. Sohan and Saloni were growing and those early years when they are grasping and cooing and talking are so beautiful. My business was in different directions and well, something had to give.

I realize now though that I'm writing this blog for me. Sure I enjoy having an audience out there like you (thank you for reading) but if no one reads this today, that's okay. Shortly after my dad had passed away, I went through his desk and found a treasure trove of diaries he had written but never shared with any of us. He made notes from books, penned his own thoughts and even made comments on daily occurrences...I was so touched and much needed-to-be-released tears came flowing. I am guessing he had the same pleasure of putting his thoughts on paper as I do - well, in this case, on a computer. I leaf through those books every so often. Even more touching is when my kids ask me to read an excerpt from them, oh how I love that!

In more recent weeks, reading articles from our friend and local newspaper columnist, Mark Woods and seeing the detailed diaries and journals of our daughter, Saloni had me itching to write again. And even wonderful essays from my favorite UK magazine, Red, made me think, "Manisha, let's blog again!"

Perhaps I may forget to edit and check my grammar. Perhaps I may not write for days or write too many times in one day. In any case, there are so many rules on the road of life that I follow everyday...this blog's for me, speed bumps allowed

.

Till next time,

Mash


No comments: