Thursday, May 14, 2015

To be a person, yes a very thankful person

Since I last wrote, life took a bit of a tumble...for me anyway. Last Friday, I fell right off my bike and plummeted my face right into the pavement. 

The evening sky was beautiful. Mosquitoes were out. And our traditional after dinner ride was just about to wrap up. 

I was riding alongside our daughter, Saloni while Sunil was up a bit ahead with our son, Sohan. All I remember was chatting with her and the next minute...my head in a pool of blood. It was awful and I had no idea how scared the kids and my husband were as I was making no sense and couldn't see. I could hear voices and feel a million mosquitoes biting me. The next thing I know? In an ambulance - felt like I was in a movie.

I'll fast forward to the bit of good news...mild concussion to the head but no broken bones or skull fractures. A very botched up, bloodied face but whew! Thank God for just that. 

Bad news? Five broken bones on the top of my foot. Ouch! Crutches for four to five weeks...blessed that that is it. But for me, immobility is darn hard! 

My trio has pitched in way too much already. Saloni makes breakfast and all the lunches. Sunil sets the table, cleans, organizes. Sohan helps both of them and planks plenty of kisses on the "good" side of my face regularly! 

I'm praying this time passes fast...but it's giving my time to be thankful for my great great kids and loving amazing husband and friends who have all come to the rescue. To Judy, who took me grocery shopping and laughed with me as I rode the 5 mile an hour scooter and roared when it beeped going backwards...and picked up my kids from school. To Staci, who graced me with gorgeous tulip flowers and home cooked lentil soup. To Charlie, who brought balloons and flowers and Dinosaur books for Sohan. To Pixie, who gave me a wonderful energy massage, essential oils and arnica tablets to help my ailments. To Dan, who said my arms would look like Popeye's in no time because of the crutches! To my sis Heena who always makes me laugh when I need it.

I know I'm just a person out of millions. But right now, I'm the most thankful grateful person because without all the love and honest to goodness support from my trio and friends...I wouldn't be smiling under all the bruises. 


No comments: