Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Hello life!


The fog has lifted and it's beautiful here
I'm not rushing to learn how to steer,

Someone wise said it isn't always bulletproof
This life we live, the things that happen under the roof,

And my eyes see only an open sky
That's my roof, that's no lie,

I've been watching the birds and seagulls too
Navigating the starry skies is my new hobby, who knew?

I love it here, my favorite song is playing
Every lyric reminds me of what my parents would be saying,

The breeze is balmy and I just keep on smiling
No one around, no one complaining or whining,

Rose colored glasses is what I've always worn
Mixing in my jewels and thoughts is what adorns,

My soul is not empty for so much love fills it
Even 3,000 miles away, someone writes and just gets it,

I have had those moments that bring me to my knees
I know more might be coming, but I'm holding off, yes please!

It's easy for the mind to play those tricks
Luring me to places where things are hard to fix,

I'm not letting the junk that others throw my way
Deter my path, I'm on a journey each step of each day,

And when the sun rises tomorrow, I'll hear my melody again
Surround myself with everything that this life will so beautifully lend...


Song playing in my head: Hold on when you get love. Let go when you give it, Stars

No comments: