I was checking on the status of my upcoming fashion show on none other than Facebook, when I came across the Jacksonville Symphony's cover photo. Absolutely loved it! Although I'm not much of a purple girl, I loved the theme behind this. It made me stop and think...what would a season of me be like? I assure you plenty of music would be playing. There would be dance clubs open during the day so I could dance while the kids are in school (we had "socials" in India). My season would have an abundance of fruit and I would eat every sauteed, boiled and cooked vegetable possible...mmmmmm. I'd bike safely through parks. Take major road trips with no set destination. Fill the house with friends and family and food. Settle into the evening with a leisurely walk and end it with a movie that wasn't a blockbuster. I'd call and meet vs. text and message. I'd garden and get plenty of mosquito bites. Wave at bus drivers, construction workers and truck drivers - you know all the people that keep our world moving, yet get forgotten. I'd dip my toes in more waters and take plane flights to random places. Enjoy a cocktail at 3:00pm and a fried egg at 2:00am. And oh, I would most certainly write...poetry, on this blog, cards, letters, you name it. Yes, my season would be fun and fierce and fabulous.That's okay, right?
Then I came across this adorable quote. And it got me thinking about my birthstone, turqoiuse - I know that isn't spelled right. It's not my favorite color. I'm a green girl. But coffee has been my best friend since college. I'd drink it around 4/5pm so I could stay up just past midnight to study for school. Always the instant kind - Folgers, Maxwell House or Nescafe. Adulthood came and everyone was about cashing in their pension at Starbucks. I was a girl paying bills and saving up, so I bought one coffee, kept the cup and filled it with water subsequently...just to fit in. Oh c'mon, we've all done stuff like that! Coffee still is my best friend. I drink decaf in the morning and caffeine in the evening...it's why I can write at this hour. I love making an Indian iced version - strong and sweet. I love the sheer joy of making a hot cup when friends stop by. The simple act of adding cream and sugar is beautiful to me. And I love that coffee shops all over the world bring people together, which brings me back to my birthstone. As a Sagittarian - probably isn't spelled right either - we are all about people. So yeah, maybe the coffee bean is really my birthstone, Want to come over for a cup?


No comments:
Post a Comment