Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Souvenirs



Sometimes I blame my visual-ness
it gets me into a mental mess
But heck, who doesn't know the truth sucks
especially when you know, you're out of luck
I'm collecting so many kinds of souvenirs
just to remind me of moments and thoughts my dear
No one thinks I'll recognize the game
I may be naïve but I can recognize shame
"From the bricks of shame is built the hope"
What my favorite band said is so freaking dope
Maybe this'll change into a rap song
Cause nobody cares anymore about right from wrong
Everybody's in it to get what they want
They'll tell you you're pretty and leave in a jaunt
Little tremors that stir the soul
Fill you up and then leave a gaping hole
You keeping thinking its healed but it awakens again
It can take one little thing and poof, you're in the lion's den
I know getting out ain't easy at all
People who stand over you are shorter than tall
So don't let the bastards win at their game
Embrace where you're going and from where you came
My visual-ness may cause me to overthink
But I can sense deception just when you want me to blink
And along the way, amidst the moon and the stars
My souvenirs will guide me as you drift away far...


No comments: