I found them. The letters we used to write to ourselves with our left hand. Good grief, that handwriting looks better than how we write with our right hand today. I'm glad I wrote to you, to us. I think it's so important to acknowledge who we are, where we've been, where we are going and who we have become through the journey.
No one can steal your light Mash.
So with it being the new year and my handwriting not that great, I'm writing to you here Mash. So listen up because you have rode many roads and so many exits took you off your path. Get back on and hit that pedal...
- And go full speed and let the naysayers and the backstabbers pass you by, in awe. They missed out on getting to know one great chick.
- You've flown on a helicopter. Sped your way on NASCAR. What's next Mash? Hint, don't stop.
- I know. I know. You put everyone first. You remember to surprise Sohan with cinnamon goodies from Publix and Paneras. You remember that Saloni loves fruit snacks. You stock Sunil's wallet with cash so it's never empty. But beyond that and a million other responsibilities, you are always looking out to make sure everyone is okay. Don't forget you, k?
- When you end something, it doesn't mean you gave up. It means you knew when to let go and knowing that difference is huge.
- Your whole life has been about change...moving residences, letting go, giving things away, saying goodbye, opening doors, accepting challenges, breathing life into a blank canvas and letting the paint fall beautifully. This is you...red carpet it.
- Project eX, promise me you fulfill this.
- I think you scare others. Because you are you. You know your flaws, your goods, your bads, your insides, your outs. You love you and that is scary. Funny isn't it?
- But in that same way, you are vulnerable, emotional and sensitive in the most intense way and so what. Man oh man, forget the notion that being sensitive is a bad thing. Makes you one heck of a poet.
- Shakespeare and Pablo Neruda. God bless these lovers of love. If they knew how much of an influence they have on you...wow. Keep that passion ignited Mash...it is so fiery and feisty. Let your love be old fashioned, let your dreams be of things that only movies declare to be true, and let your heart beat to songs only you can hear. This is to live.
- You would drive 500 miles for 15 amazing minutes...don't you change that amazingness.
- I know others may not see what you see in your photographs, but keep taking them for you. And as far as not being taken in others' photos, um, their loss.
- Don't ever and I mean ever, forget your past. It is part of life's history. It's quite interesting how many quotes tell people to "forget living in the past" or "to live only in the moment". Thankfully, someone thought of creating the History channel.
- And speaking of quotes Mash, I love these that you came up with:
- It's important to spend time with the devil so we can remember who our angels are.
- The best routes we take in life stem from our roots.
- How someone makes you feel is everything. No one leaves a job when the boss likes them. No one leaves a relationship when they are loved.
- Money, fame, religion, possessions...nothing compares losing those to losing respect. Happy 2017 Mash...love you as you.

No comments:
Post a Comment