Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home Again

So many days have passed since I last wrote. The sinus sniffles have gotten the best of me which makes me prefer napping over writing. Surprised, eh? We did have a wonderful time at a family wedding this month in Houston. This was Saloni's first time flying in her own seat and she felt like she was on top of the world. I suppose with the view of clouds of below us, she was right!


Of course, when we came back home, the reality of plants needing watering, piles of new mail and a fridge that was desperately seeking milk made us want to close our eyes and be with family again. But hey, home is where the heart is and it is certainly refreshing to get back from a trip and find that one comfortable spot on the sofa. Or remember that your favorite CD is still right beside your bed. I love our home. It is very much a representation of us and the goofy characters that we are. Sure, there is seriousness in the more formal areas and the touches of streamlined furniture, but all in all, you can find a little Manisha, Sunil and Saloni in every corner.


I stepped outside today in the crisp air with Saloni runnning around me after her school. We took this beautiful picture of our little cherry blossom tree in bloom. Ah, so good to be home...


No comments: