It's month seven now and I feel ever so big. The beauty and the glow I felt in my first pregnancy was wonderful. It was the summer of 05' and I loved wearing the floral dresses and loose tops and pants. But a winter pregnancy is a totally different story with all the added weight of warmer clothing. It's hard enough having a big tummy with a little one moving so rapidly inside and then to layer on clothes to stay warm...well you get my drift. Jewelry has been a good outlet for me as that I can wear no matter what size I am. And of course, every gal has gotta have good shoes. Saloni loves picking them out for me. And even though they may not match, I put them on just for her. She loves playing "fashion show" and I love entertaining that idea!
Speaking of which, the Children's Home Society Hope for Design Fashion Show was yesterday and it went great. My handbags matched nicely and it was nice to get out and market myself and Sunisha Designs. I have always loved fashion and the positive effect it can have on people, especially one's mood. When I get to move on from these elastic paneled pants to my old chinos, my smile's going to be a lot wider.
You see, getting dressed up helps me look and feel my best. And right now, I feel as though I'm "schlepping" around in these clothes - some of which are my husband's old shirts! We had a good laugh today when I came down and he took one look at me in his pajama pants and said, "It's funny seeing you pregnant." I couldn't agree more. I am a fashion nut and even in the worst of times like to dress well to get through the moment. For now, I'm trying my best to enjoy the next few months of wonder and growth. And party I will when I get to come down and be in my own clothes and old size with a beautiful baby in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment