
I confess that I'm not very good at keeping up with the news. Sure, I love reading the daily paper when I get that rare chance these days. But as far as keeping up with world news, politics, leaders, etc., I rely heavily on my husband and friends. It's not that I'm not interested. I even used to subscribe to the Wall Street Journal in my 20's and read it cover to cover. But these days, how much can I swallow? There are so many channels of news, so many versions and so many subjects, I'm about "newsed" out!
We stayed up watching a Hitchcock movie last night and in it a doctor made a profound statement. He said, "I don't recall ever prescribing the daily news to any of my patients." I don't blame him. I think I'd be more attracted to the news if it were happier. There's nothing worse than wanting to check into your local news and finding nothing but scary mugshots splat across your screen of people arrested or wanted for XYZ. The only exciting parts are the weather and sports.
I had toyed around with the idea of starting a website with nothing but happy news. Maybe someday, I'll still make it happen. Believe it or not, there is a lot of happy news to go around and it's not just in celebrities having babies or finishing their rehab time. I mean the good ol' neighborhood news that reflects good citizenship and camaraderie. I've saved old newspapers in which my poetry was published in Bombay, India and I love reading their headlines and stories. They are so different from today.
Well, I have to do some research for my company right now, so web searching I go. Perhaps I'll stop along the way to read a tidbit of news. Hope it's happy!
We stayed up watching a Hitchcock movie last night and in it a doctor made a profound statement. He said, "I don't recall ever prescribing the daily news to any of my patients." I don't blame him. I think I'd be more attracted to the news if it were happier. There's nothing worse than wanting to check into your local news and finding nothing but scary mugshots splat across your screen of people arrested or wanted for XYZ. The only exciting parts are the weather and sports.
I had toyed around with the idea of starting a website with nothing but happy news. Maybe someday, I'll still make it happen. Believe it or not, there is a lot of happy news to go around and it's not just in celebrities having babies or finishing their rehab time. I mean the good ol' neighborhood news that reflects good citizenship and camaraderie. I've saved old newspapers in which my poetry was published in Bombay, India and I love reading their headlines and stories. They are so different from today.
Well, I have to do some research for my company right now, so web searching I go. Perhaps I'll stop along the way to read a tidbit of news. Hope it's happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment