
I am one of those people that can easily celebrate the smallest of accomplishments. I remember putting up shelves in our apartment in Rochester, NY to surprise my husband and was so proud of this achievement. I know, I know...it's nothing compared to what people do on the DIY network! But my impatience and lack of wanting to read instructions makes me enjoy these tiny projects as something big.
So this weekend, with all the rain that poured on Friday, Saturday seemed like the perfect day for baking something sweet. We had breakfast together at Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey, an adorable place that opened up near the beach. I just love going out to breakfast...Sunil and I get a chance to talk, Saloni loves her potatoes and French Toast that someone other than me makes always tastes good. I was determined to make a Bundt cake and found a recipe for a Butter Pecan and Walnut Cake. I've never been successful before with this shape of cake - either it falls into pieces or gets stuck to the pan. Well, this time, I did something right because it turned out looking good and tasting good. Sunil's dad had two generous helpings when they came over with dinner Sunday!
So, with a feeling of Nigella Lawson in me, I'm definitely in the mood to try something else soon. And you're welcome to come and try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment