
To describe this month is to describe every aspect of human emotion one could possibly feel in a month. From turning 37 to seeing my father being admitted into a nursing home to watching Sohan crawl 25 miles an hour, it has been quite a month. I absolutely love this picture of Sohan. It seems to reflect so many things - curiosity, hope, fear, dreams, thoughts, the unknown, the past, the future...all of what I was feeling as he was watching clouds float by on the plane.
Although my trip to CA again was with a heavy heart, I felt good spending time with my sis Smita, her husband, Ashit and their kids, Jay and Josh. While they ate up Sohan, I really go to bond with all of them and more than anything, realize what the value of family coming together is.
Here's dear old Dad giving his best hug to Sohan. It was so nice to see him light up after so many days cooped up in the hospital. He is positively the most determined individual I have ever known and with all that he has gone through and continues to go through, I've yet to hear my Pappa complain about anything. 

This was the first time he was taught how to walk again and he was just beaming like a child. So excited so eager to take more than ten steps. So like the Dad I've always known.


On a lighter note, my two favorite nutjobs are just the apples of my world. They are the reason it makes dealing with my parents plight a tad bit easier. Here's Saloni in her adorable Dora dress - all decked out for her Christmas party at school. And of course, she'll be in any picture with her best friend and "boyfriend" Jonah - isn't he just the cutest?
With everything going on, I could not be more thankful to have Sunil by my side. His levelheadedness keeps me grounded just when I might feel like breaking down. If you're reading this honey, you ARE the best.






No comments:
Post a Comment