



You are probably wondering what these two themes in the title have in common, huh? Well, let me tell you the comment that propelled me to finally start walking for my health. You see, it was New Year's weekend and every six months, we do a local vacation. It's a great way to get to know your own city so we chose downtown Jacksonville and got a riverfront room at the Hyatt. The views were just gorgeous and the front seat to the fireworks on the water were amazing. So amazing that the sounds scared Sohan straight into the bathroom (we had to put him in there because of the noise!).
As we were walking around the Landing, the restaurants and the like, I was huffing and puffing. Sunil said, "Honey, you know you're slim but not fit. You should be fine with all this walking." Man, was he right! It got me thinking...shame on me for having God bless with me limbs that work fine and all I use them for are the day-to-day duties of life. Flashback to my Dad, he was one who walked every single day, rain or shine and now he can't even walk without help. So, what was I waiting for?
Well, today I reached the fifth mile in my first week of walking. I am now determined to walk 2-5 miles a week with Sohan and stroller in tow. I love the glow and sweat already.
"Dad, thanks for being part of my inspiration."
No comments:
Post a Comment