I love starting the weekend Friday night. When I say that, I mean that I love having plans or activities that makes me feel as though my hubby's been home for hours even when he might have just arrived at 5:43pm. Saloni had been asking for a while now to watch "The Wizard of OZ", so I ordered it from Netflix and after dinner started to watch the movie. Add popcorn and big blankets and you immediately know this is so much better than a freezing overpriced movie theatre!
While we only watched half of the movie as we all got sleepy early, I wrote a quick list of the weekend's plans and what to take. What to take to Gainesville that is.
Saturday morning was nothing short of a blur of color and noise. We frantically packed for the weekend trip, swallowed breakfast, tried to clean things up and thankfully remembered to grab Abbie's birthday present. Saloni was invited to her friend Abbie's, from school, birthday party. Chuck E Cheese is great at 10:14am because it had just opened and you could visibly see your kid from almost every corner. Sohan was everywhere and was in awe of all the sights and sounds. When Chuck E Cheese himself came out to sing Abbie happy birthday, he walked right and danced with him hand in hand!
We had fun watching Saloni explore and eat pizza with her friends. After the party and cake, we headed out on our road trip. This would be the second Gator basketball game we've seen this season. It's a great environment and I love that the games are long enough to keep your attention and short enough to get you home at a decent hour.
For me personally, being in Gainesville strikes a sweet emotional chord inside just knowing that my hubby spent a good part of his life here becoming the person he is today. I love catching his gaze as he looks out the window and sees what's changed or what's stayed the same. I love how suddenly he drives at 32mph so he can remember the shortcuts he'd take to class or how that new bldg. used to be the site of his old apts.
I don't have as much of a connection to UC Irvine. I worked full time and went to college at night. It was only in the last year that I went full time to college, but I crammed so many credits so that I could finish that taking interest in anything else was not an option. Sure I can still remember what that crisp California air smelled like and the walk between bldgs where my heels would go click clack. But going to Gainesville is special. I just have to look out the window.

No comments:
Post a Comment