Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Cuppa Joe

I'm in my 5th month of pregnancy now and can't believe how big I feel! I think being pregnant in the winter months is harder. Wearing all those heavy clothes to stay warm on top of the extra weight I'm already carrying makes me feel like the kid on "A Christmas Story" who could barely move in his winter getup. And how many little kicks and kisses have I already gotten from our to-be son? A million a day. This is going to be one active kid.

I am fascinated how life can grown within you. And then when you give birth, there's this tiny person about to blossom into the world. I look at Saloni, now almost 2 1/2 years old and think, my goodness, so much growth and knowledge already. I barely remember what I was like before I was eight! And here she is picking out her school clothes and making decisions about what fruit to eat at this small age.

I'm excited yet nervous at the upcoming expansion of our family. At 36, Lord knows my energy levels are not increasing and with four newly discovered white hairs on my head, listening to Depeche Mode doesn't make me feel younger like it used to. But one simple thing does help me with everything...and that's my cuppa joe. I love my time of day when I settle down for a cup of coffee. Decaf, instant, caff...doesn't matter. One packet of Hazelnut splenda and a few sugars and cream and I'm in a state of heaven. And in that state, age, hair, wrinkles, yada yada, all seems perfectly fine. Is it just me or do you get this from your cuppa joe too?

No comments: