
I may be the only nut that loves Mondays. I always have. Whether it was my school days or work days, the thought of new challenges, new books, new assignments...made me energized. Getting dressed for the part was the added bonus. Dressing up is my recipe for happiness. From a dash of lipstick to new shoes or the renewed swish of corduroys that were packed away for the summer, I relish dressing for the part.
But things change when you become a Mom. The suede pants had to temporarily be laid to rest. As did my silk shirts and fancy skirts. My daughter loves giving "huggies" and many of them come with the added wipe of wet "nosies". I love it! So now I've moved towards dressing our home. I've learned that little things such setting out the perfect cup of coffee for myself or laying out the items for my husband's lunch the night before gives me that same pleasure as the Monday morning get-ready-for-work routine. I'm one who loves moving furniture around too. I love the look my husband gives me when lamps have moved, plants have been added and there's new artwork up.
Thank goodness my Mom instilled in us three sisters that what you can do the night before to get ready for the next day will make the chore halfway done. And it is so true. Thanks Mom! Yesterday was truly a perfect Monday. Coffee and cartoons in the morning. Lunch with girlfriends in the afternoon, followed by a few errands and a good 45-minute nap. And finally, our regular evening walk to get the mail...Saloni lives for this and it's given me the daily push I need for fresh air and exercise. I made my yummy tomato soup and grill cheese sandwiches for dinner. Pure, simple bliss.
I'm off to pick her up from school soon, so I've got to sandwich in paying bills and writing emails. My to-do list for Wednesday is in the works. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment